SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mombondo

Pvt Jonathan, 82nd Airborne

mombondo
15 years ago

stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC arrived at McCarren airport on Saturday night for leave. October 5th he will return to Ft. Bragg, go into total training for his deployment to Irag mid-November.

This is one PROUD but ooohhh so NERVOUS mom...As a family, we are going to make the most of this time with him.

The Army has sure put the "finishing touch" on my son. He has matured into such a fine young man, I am NOT going to give the Army ALL the credit afterall; I "guided" him for 23 years!!! :)

Please think positive thoughts for him and his unit...along with all Americans serving our country. Each and everyone deserve our praise, respect and concern.

Again, if you see a soldier....hug them/shake their hand and express your graditude! You WILL make their day!

Comments (19)

• mamatoad
    15 years ago

Enjoy every minute of your time with Jonathan! What is his favorite food? I know he will be "storing up memories" while he is home. My grandson has been in Afghanistan since January (Air Force). He is a fine young man and I am so proud of him! God bless Jonathan, Brandon and all our brave troops! Bettye/AZ

• ruthieg__tx
    15 years ago

Awwwww I'm getting all teary for you and what's coming. I hope you all have a wonderful time together.

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    15 years ago

I can hear the pride and excitement in your post! I know the feeling as both my son and daughter in law are in the AF for over 10 years now. I am so proud of both of them! It's so hard when they deploy. Sending plenty of prayers and positive thoughts for ALL of our nation's troops!
    ~Betsy

• Linda Wayman
    15 years ago

Our young military men and women have my utmost respect. Here's wishing for a wonderful time for y'all while he's home and a safe journey for him while he's gone. Please give him a hug from an old lady cyber aunt.

Linda

• donna_oh
    15 years ago

Give him a BIG hug from me! Wish this was over with!

My GS leaves in Oct for his training before his deployment in Jan! Scares me!

Thanks & prayers for him & all our troops

Donna (^_^)

• evatx
    15 years ago

I'm so proud of Jonathan! Enjoy your time with this special young man, Mom.

• Mystical Manns
    15 years ago

Blessings to your son and all those who choose to protect our country. Your pride is obvious!

My stepson was 82nd Airborne for many years, as a helicopter pilot. He finally had to quit flying, and rather than leave the Army he's recently been reassigned to Ft. Rucker as an investigator.

• FlamingO in AR
    15 years ago

We owe them everything we have, Mombondo. Many thanks to your son and everyone elses' sons and daughters, too. And hugs to you!!!!!

• grammahony
    15 years ago

You should take most of the credit Mom. Lots of prayers for your son, and all the other service men and women. May they all come home safe, soon.
    Leslie

• gadgets
    15 years ago

I stand up and salute ALL of our military. Tell your son that I say thank you with all of my heart/being. (And I also say God bless the family members.)

Shirley

• Granlan_TX
    15 years ago

Thank you, Pvt. Jonathan and bless you for all you are and will be doing to serve and protect America.

Granlan Hugs to you, ((((('Mom'))))).

• littlebit_gw
    15 years ago

My brother was 82nd Airborne~~front line medic for 2 tours. So I know what you are going thru. He is home safe now and I will hold Jonathan in my thoughts and prayers like so many did for my brother Blair.

littlebit

• clubm
    15 years ago

Enjoy your time with him. My son was in the Air Force. I
    know how precious their time home is and how quickly it
    goes.

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Hats off for Pvt. Jonathan!!!! And all those that serve.

My son was also 82nd Airborne at Ft Bragg.
    He's now medically retired but still has friends that were there with him.

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    15 years ago

A big Hug to Pvt. Johnathan!

Thank you!

Gayle

• summer_tx
    15 years ago

Hugs, gratitude, thanks and prayers to Jonathan and all of our brave troops! Enjoy your visit Mom and please tell him how proud we are of him too!

• okwriter
    15 years ago

What a sweet post. I hope you have a wonderful time!

• vicki_lv_nv
    15 years ago

I salute Jon! You have every right to be proud. Enjoy Seester!

• marilyn_c
    15 years ago

I appreciate his service. You have every right to be proud!