Microwave made a scary noise
13 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (47)
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
Related Discussions
Scary Stories & Real Life Mysteries
Comments (44)Sylvia, I have posted this on other forums, so you may have read it before. It isn't exactly a ghost story, just something strange. When we bought this place, we waited a year before moving here, waiting on my daughter to graduate from high school. But we moved the horses here, so every evening, I would drive down here to feed the horses. We had built a work shop and there was a refrigerator in it, and we came down and worked on the place sometimes and had cook outs. One afternoon I came down a little early to mow the grass. I brought two Dr. Peppers. I was drinking one, and went to put the 2nd one in the fridge, but noticed it needed cleaning out. So, I cleaned out the refrigerator, leaving only some salad dressing, ketchup...a few condiments. I put my 2nd Dr. Pepper front and center in the fridge. After mowing the grass, and feeding the horses, I came back inside to get my soda for the drive home. It wasn't there. I was thinking maybe I had already taken it out, so I went outside and looked on the picnic table. Not there. I came back in and again, looked in the fridge. Not there. I was really thirsty and it was getting late. One more time...outside, looked all around. Not there. Once more looked in the fridge...nothing there but the few bottles of salad dressing, etc. In other words, practically empty. Finally, gave up. I locked the building, locked the gate and drove home without it. The next day I came down to finish mowing. Again, I brought two Dr. Peppers. I took one in the shop to put it in the fridge. Opened the door....front and center, the Dr. Pepper from the night before! Now, why wasn't it there the day before? Where did it go? I was the only person there...I have no neighbors and I was far out in the country. My husband and daughter laughed at me. Like I had just over looked it. A few years passed and my daughter was going to college in Houston, and living in an old apartment building across from the college. She got ready for a date one night, and went to put her compact in her purse. She had left it on the edge of the sink in her very tiny bathroom. Wasn't there. She looked everywhere for it. Came back later that night, went in the bathroom, and there it was on the edge of the sink. So...now she believes me about the Dr. Pepper, but where do things like that go???...See Morethe SCARY part of my Halloween decor
Comments (22)Yes, Luvs, I've been adding a few witch things to my Halloween stuff. I'm really not into all the usual stuff like ghosts n goblins, jack o' lanterns, etc. but I do love witches and ravens. And of course witches have kitties. LOL. How neat, Kathleen, that you (and Candy) also got married in 1970. And Jane, you ate at the Outback too. ;o) Plus, Nana, some of us really like Dancing with the Stars. I think Candy previously nailed it about our Holiday gang having so many little things in common outside of just holiday decorating. Even the same furniture, or same figurines. Maybe this is why we seem more of a family, or a group of really long-time friends. Time, and distance, matters little it seems, some people are just meant to come into your life and make you feel like kindred spirits. I am always in awe of our group here, and the closeness/caring we share so easily with one another. I doubt any of us expected this when we found this Forum, we just wanted to share some Holiday decorating! ;o) By the way, here's the flowers Jas and Suz sent...and the two dolls I kept from my Mom's collection. These dolls come named, so that is Victoria on the left and Rebecca on the right. The photo is my Mom when she was in her early 20's, and the cat pair are very old figurines I found at an antique show about 25 yrs ago. (My mom loved cats) hugs, Karen...See MoreNew Viking Microwave Problems
Comments (4)I promised an update with regards to service. Hasn't been all roses but I'm cautiously optimistic. Parts were ordered and I called my local repairman once a week for three weeks to check on status (they had quoted two weeks as the usual time for parts orders). At week three I asked them to call Hadco and find out the estimated delivery time for the parts.... Hadco quoted a DECEMBER arrival! I emailed Hadco's parts department and copied customer service. Won't bore you with the detailed contents of my email but within 24 hours I had a response and promise that my parts will be to my repairman direct from Viking on Tuesday. This is good news and I am pleasantly surprised at the responsiveness of Hadco. (although I wish it hadn't taken the extra email) So...we'll see if it actually happens and if I'm truly repaired by the end of next week (just in time for Thanksgiving!) Bottom line: it's taken longer to repair this "high" end micro/convection than it ever would have taken to simply exchange a "lower end" (same machine different name). If it all works out it'll probably be a distant memory with no hard feelings by next Thanksgiving. Hopefully won't be a perpetual lemon....See MoreDo you think this is scary?
Comments (108)I had a teacher who was able to leave Iran with her mother but her father and brother could not. She told me beautiful stories about Iran and it's people. I also met a lady who approached me about my pomegranate tree. The fruit is popular at festivals and many varieties are grown. She called her home Persia instead. When I gave her a large bag full of poms, she teared up and said it reminded her of good times with her family and especially her mother and grandmother. I wish we could have some peace and understanding with our two countries. I'm sick of weapons and hate. More festivals and travel and love. Bless you pomegranate lady, wherever you are....See More- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 13 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGWhat's That Sound? 9 Home Noises and How to Fix Them
Bumps and thumps might be driving you crazy, but they also might mean big trouble. We give you the lowdown and which pro to call for help
Full Story
HOME OFFICESQuiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Dumbest Decorating Decisions I’ve Ever Made
Caution: Do not try these at home
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGThe Quick and Easy Way to Clean a Microwave
All you need is water and a couple of other natural ingredients to get your appliance sparkling and smelling fresh again
Full Story
Houzz Call: What Gives You the Creeps at Home?
Halloween horror got nothing on your basement, attic or closet? Show us that scary spot you steer clear of
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN20 Kitchen Must-Haves From Houzz Readers
We asked you to tell us your top kitchen amenities. See what popular kitchen features made the list
Full Story
VINTAGE STYLERevel in Retro With Vintage and New Kitchen Appliances
Give your kitchen old-fashioned charm with refrigerators and stoves that recall yesteryear — even if they were made just yesterday
Full Story
MOST POPULARThe 15 Most Popular Kitchen Storage Ideas on Houzz
Solve common kitchen dilemmas in style with custom and ready-made organizers, drawers, shelves and more
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNLove to Cook? We Want to See Your Kitchen
Houzz Call: Show us a photo of your great home kitchen and tell us how you’ve made it work for you
Full Story
TREE HOUSESSwaying From Sleepovers to Dinner Parties in a Colorado Tree House
Folks of all ages have it made in the shade in this fun little house, thanks to electricity, a kitchenette and a rooftop deck
Full Story
jemdandy