SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooey_gw

Coffee maker recall...Yippie!

sooey
13 years ago

Hi Kids,

I was just in the process of getting a post together here, asking all of you who drink coffee what type of coffee makers you all have. I have a GE drip that is only 1 year old that makes awful, awful, AWFUL coffee. I did a search to get the full name of it only to find that it has been recalled! YES!!! I have hated this thing since day one. For the life of me I could not get a good cup of coffee out of it. Now I find that I will be given a replacement if I return it to Walmart. I just hope it's not another GE. The model number on it is: 169-164.

Now my question...what type of coffee makers do all of you have and do you like them? Perk? Drip? I have had both types and have had great coffee from both. I had a Farberwear Insta-fast (?) for 27 years that was great. I had a Melitta Perfect Time drip for several years which also made great coffee. This morning I made coffee using a Melitta filter and filter cone made directly over/into my mug...it was the best cup of coffee I have made in months.

So...what do all of you have and would you buy it again? Thanks Kids.

sooey

who loves her morning coffee...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/ge-coffee-maker-recalled_n_583115.html

Comments (18)