SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firemanswife_gw

TV Time?

firemanswife
13 years ago

How much time should the girls be allowed to watch tv? I try to keep them busy with other things and play time because I won't have the TV be a babysitter. Normally after breakfast while they are still waking up and getting dressed I let them watch a half hour of Dora the Explorer. Then at night when we are settling down for the night and before bedtime stories I let them watch another 1/2 hour.

During the day we play, color, play in sprinklers and have other things. I think an hour a day is plenty. They were so used to being parked in front of the tv that they are enjoying all the play time and attention they get.

Plus I have to say there is nothing better than planning all their little adventure and seeing how excited they are about the little things. Bless grandpa's heart spitting watermelon seeds are now their new favorite thing...well that at their little swimming pool.

They never were allowed to play outside so being outside is huge to them. I called our local furniture store and they have set aside two refrigerator boxes for us. I am going to pick them up tomorrow and this weekend they are going to make their own little forts out of them. I think it will be fun for them.

Now snacks and lunches are served in the play house!

Comments (18)