SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodi_socal

COBRA and healthcare coverage woes

Jodi_SoCal
10 years ago

Chisue's post named "The Axe Has Fallen" really made me feel less alone in my struggle to find affordable healthcare coverage. Due to numerous hard drive failures, lost bookmarks and password files, and the assumption I had paid for three months in advance, I failed to make my last COBRA payment on time and as a result was canceled. I've appealed to COBRA, the COBRA admin company and my previous employer and was denied reinstatement all three times. I am devastated.

For the past year, I was with Kaiser at a cost of $771/mo for COBRA coverage. Still had another six months of COBRA. Now, it will cost me $1,350/mo for the same coverage and it won't begin until January 2014. I had been scheduled for tests due to some worrisome health concerns and those had to be canceled. Not knowing I lost coverage, I had an epidural and mammogram in July meaning those costs will have to be out of pocket. Looks like I need to find a job again but just hate the thought of the stress and long hours involved in my profession.

My husband is in the insurance business and even he can't find anything affordable for us because of all my health issues.

Just needed to vent. ugh.

Jodi-

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor