SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom24_gw

Bittersweet Feelings...

mom24
14 years ago

As many of you may remember, my sister passed away almost 3 years ago. She was only 47 years old and left behind a son who was 23 at the time. After a really rough year with him, he joined the military and did a complete turn around. He found something that gave him a feeling of belonging and that gave him confidence. I'm so proud of him, I can't even tell you. Unfortunately, his military career took him away to Texas and he hasn't had much chance to come home. My nephew and I have always been very close... I helped to raise him. On Mother's day this year, he called me to tell me that his girlfriend was pregnant. I'm extremely supportive of him and I know they will do great together. They love each other and I have a feeling marriage is right around the corner. I have no issues with them having a baby out of wedlock. I'm very excited to be a great aunt (They're having a girl named Ava Therese- named after my sister) but for some reason everytime I talk about the baby or think of her arrival, I cry. I'm very emotional. All my mourning over my sister just came back and hit me hard. She would have adored being a grandmother and just knowing she's not here to experience it, breaks my heart. I feel like I'm cheating my nephew out of his excitement because I have trouble talking about it. I guess I just needed to vent. It's frustrating... the rest of my family chooses not to discuss my sister, so I don't have many people to talk to about her.

Comments (14)