SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pawsitive_gw

Shopping for school clothes

pawsitive_gw
15 years ago

Yes, it's that time of year. Sweltering in the heat, a reluctant 11 year old boy, and a total lack of summer clothes in ANY of the stores. Our school starts this coming Thursday. Yep, you read that right, August 14. He has worn out or outgrown 95% of his clothes this summer and needs something sharp for opening "week" of school. So off we go to the "big town" in hopes of rounding up something to wear. He absolutely HATES pants with zippers, buttons and/or snaps. That leaves pull-ons, which in his age bracket, are next to impossible to find unless it's athletic type clothing. I can not longer just buy stuff and bring it home and know it fits, so I have to drag him with me and force him to try something on. Mind you the temp outside is 103*+ and they have WINTER clothes on the racks. It doesn't even snow in SG!!!! Winters are mild for pete's sake. The selling point for that town is "Where the summer sun spends the winter". Think golfing all year round. Granted we live up the road 70 miles and DO get snow in the winter, but it's summer now. No way is he going to wear long pants when it's hot out. We hit the sales racks and the supply in 14-16 is almost extinct. We did manage to find 8 pair of shorts, only 5 fit, and one shirt. I had to bribe him with a Harry Potter movie he hadn't seen or owned yet. The real test comes when he can't wear shorts and "crocs" and we have to go find long pants and real shoes about the end of October.

Comments (11)