SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

Wicked witch of the north..or my monster-in-law

Vickey__MN
13 years ago

I so envy people with good mother-in-laws, here is what I found out this weekend:

The background to this is that YEARS ago I cut myself off from my Monster-in-law because she was too faced, and would say things to my when DH wasn't around, and was a witch. She tried to sabatoge our marriage many times. Now my DH's Brother is having issues with her (she's doing to him what she did to me, now he believes me that I wasn't as awful as she said I was)...

So heres what happened this weekend. SIL and I were talking about the wicked witch while DH and BIL were out fishing. The conversation turned to how she tried to sabotage our marriage and what she had done. So I told SIL. She then asked me about the child neglect, or calling child protection..etc, and I just stared at her blankly, I had NO IDEA what she was talking about. I saidÂWHATÂso she told me that (now BIL and SIL were not together at all at that time, so BIL had told this to her)Âshe wanted to call child protection on me because she felt I wasnÂt feeding DS enough. Mind you my son was BIG at birth (10 lbs 1 oz), but never rolly polly kids. Doctor was never worried as their mental and physical development was fine, they just were not at the top of the charts for growth, but were on a steady growth path, which is what they look for. I was trying to figure out why she would think this (there was no evidence or anything), and as I thought about it, it HAD to be at the time I forced DH to go to marriage counseling (okay he went begrudgingly at first, but then willing)Âbacause he was verging on being abusive to our oldest daughter. She was going to get EVEN with me for hurting (by making him go to counseling) her boy!! Had she done it, it would not have been substantiated of course, but it angers me to think sheÂd be willing to put her grandchildÂs safety and home at risk (If this had been taken to Child Protection, DH would have had to be reported to the authorities, which the counselor said sheÂd not do if DH promised to never physically punish again and continue counseling).

So when I found out about this, I was going to wait until our drive home to tell DH. BUT instead we went on a boat ride (just the two of us), so I decided to tell him then. The first thing out of his mouth was "Well that was 25 years ago" Like that made it all rightÂ.so I said..what if I told you that at that time I had an affair (Okay I know that was mean, but I had to hit him over the head with a hammer)Âhe looked devastated..and I said, so even 25 years later that hurts and makes you mad? He said..well yesÂand I said well I didnÂt, but look 25 years made that no easier or anything did it. So he admitted it. Then I told him AGAIN (IÂve told him throughout the years what sheÂs done, but heÂs always poo pooÂd it away)Â..what sheÂs done, and all he would say is "what do you want me to do, sheÂs not going to change"Âand I said no of course she wonÂt because youÂll never confront her. Look what she did when BIL confronted her. (okay and a big part of me really thinks..and you wonÂt defend me..your wife? So what am I Â. Nothing to you?)ÂHe did say he really wantÂs nothing to do with her (and I see that more and more with him, he ignores her phone calls and rarely visits any more), but ignoring what she does is the same as saying itÂs ok.

Okay thanks for listening I really needed to get that off my chest.

Vickey-MN

Comments (14)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES