SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

What are your favorite kinds of fish

jel48
10 years ago

I asked this of Sandiefl in her thread about cooking fish on the grill, but thought it might be better to post my own thread since others have probably already looked at Sandie's thread and might not go in there again.

I would definitely like to branch out and try a few other fish options. I tried Tilapia the other day, and was disappointed in it. We thought it tasted excessively 'fishy', even though we love fish. I don't know if that's just how Tilapia is, or if we just got one that wasn't so good. We do love Walleye (my favorite, cooked fresh caught), and also have had good luck with fresh Lake Trout. Salmon is an absolute favorite. Cod is good. We even like canned tuna. We also like pan fried catfish. But still, I'd like to try more variety, if I know some really good options.

What are some of your favorites? And how do you like them cooked? Recipes would be great, but just ideas are fine. I can go looking for recipes online if I need to. I'm more looking for an idea of what people like.

Thanks!

Comments (25)