SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

Again with the home parties (selling cr*p)

lydia1959
14 years ago

SIL had a Pampered Chef party a week ago... I got out of that, told her I'd look on line and try to order something. I need a couple new measuring cups, so I figured I'd buy those. By the time I add in tax and delivery (they even charge to deliver to the host's home) I'm up to $30. for a set of 3 plastic measuring cups! I'll just tell her that wasn't in my budget, she won't have a problem with it.

Now today, a old and dear friend invites me to a Spa Party. Actually she is begging me to come. She knows I HATE home parties. In fact I'm pretty sure I've haven't been to a "home party" at her house for over 20 years although she is always inviting me (she does the candles, Pampered Chef, scrapbooking, makeup, etc.). So, I feel a little guilted... like maybe I should go and support her in her silly obsession... but I really do not want to go. I have no desire to show up naked-faced in front of a bunch of people I do not know and rub creams and whatever on my hands, face and feet.

I've pretty much decided to tell her I'm not coming... just looking for KT approval. :-)

Comments (41)