SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Warning for a Flea Medication...

Jasdip
13 years ago

This was posted on our local cafe as a warning. It's certainly worth reading and being aware of!

"Please put this on your facebook pages, your twitter or any group and email if possible.

On Saturday evening I applied a product called Hartz Ultraguard One Spot Treatment for fleas and ticks to my 3 cats Tedders, JJ and Einstein. I should have realized immediately that something was wrong when little J

started running around in a frenzy. I thought she didn't like the feeling of the liquid on her neck.

2 hours later she was lying on the floor on her side with her tongue hanging out of her mouth, eyes rolled and convulsing on the floor.

Einstein by this time was scratching and licking his paws like a maniac and between licking at her back, panting and spasming Tedders wasn't well either.

Thank god for the internet and holy crap when I saw the videos of what this product does to animals I was in a panic. By now it was 1 in the

morning, no vets to call, what do I do? I found instructions on how to deal with toxicosis in animals and administered all the first aid.

Bathing the 3 cats, Tedders body temperature dropped way below normal. Little J's temperature became too high and thankfully Einstein calmed down, he was the first I got to sleep. Tedders had to be wrapped in a down comforter, she was shivering and her eyes were unfocused, she would

almost fall asleep and then jump awake looking paranoid and lost. Little J continued to spasm throughout the rest of the night until the early morning.

I gave them chicken broth cut with water for hydration and fed them a small amount of yogurt I don't know why this helps but it did. Little J finally went to sleep around 4:30 and although she's better now, I notice her still having muscular spasms on and off.

PLEASE DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT ON YOUR PETS!

I wrote a "nasty" letter to this company and I expect a reply. I want to know how a product like this is still on the market, just look at all these videos of animals who have suffered and or died because of this product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0HK24wG_mA

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO WHOMEVER YOU CAN. WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS PRODUCT TAKEN OFF THE MARKET BEFORE ANOTHER ANIMAL IS HURT!

Please help me stop this company from poisoning our pets. They are members of our families. How would the CEO of this corporation like it if it happened to a member of their family? Actually at this point in my malicious mood, I hope that it does!

HOW DARE THEY! PASS THIS ON! ANIMALS DON'T MAKE THEIR CHOICES - HUMANS DO AND WHAT HAPPENS IF THAT HUMAN IS WRONG?"

Comments (33)