SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

Coupons

dotmom
13 years ago

Our Sunday paper used to have several, sometimes, 5 packets (don't knot what else to call them) of coupons. On holiday weekends, I was used to not having any in the paper, but the past few months, there is only one skimpy packet, and most of the coupons, the offer is only if you buy two or three of the product, and that offer is paltry. Have you noticed this in yur Sunday paper?

Comments (12)

• leel
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

That's because coupons are available on the internet.

• littlebit_gw
    13 years ago

Some weeks are better than others here. On the buy more than 1, I wait until its on sale and then try to buy what it calls for..(But that's only on products I will use)
    I am not a fan of internet coupons, too much ink used and then the store might or might not take it.

• Related Discussions

Shades of Light--Anybody have coupon code for Free Shipping?

Q

Comments (13)
    beekeeperswife,you asked to see my dining room light, here it is, the light was all beige, and not in keeping with my decor, but I knew I could change all of that, the parts still in beige sort of are faux stone, and very heavy like real stone, the rods are iron, and the shades are metal, I did all the hand painting, and did my faux rose quartz finish on the shades.. and it is perfect for my diningroom, as I knew it would be when I ordered it! it was a bear to hang for dh & I as it is extremely heavy! But well worth $80.00 on sale from $400.oo and Free shipping.
    ...See More

Do Crate & Barrel coupons exist?

Q

Comments (25)
    Bac, here is her work online and less cost. Check them out. https://www.google.com/search?q=andrea+pramuk+prints&client=safari&channel=mac_bm&source=hp&ei=WamvYLqJOYuZ_QaHsbPoCw&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYK-3aYMbk3YoxQqpWO1VbB5x3Ei-ZMhz&oq=Andrea+Pramuk&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYATICCAAyAggAMgIIADIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeUIoOWIoOYLkpaABwAHgAgAFbiAFbkgEBMZgBAKABAqABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=gws-wiz It's just done with alcohol and ink.
    ...See More

Coupon code for Serena & Lily

Q

Comments (6)
    So sorry cyn427. Maybe they will have a Memorial Day sale. I found the coupon in the catalog they sent me. You can request their catalog online. Good luck!
    ...See More

Coupon Code for Rogue Valley Roses

Q

Comments (2)
    I didnt think they would, but whenever a company has the option to fill in a coupon code i start looking for one :)
    ...See More
  • Jasdip
    13 years ago

Stores here have signs posted they don't take online coupons...

An exception is our haircutting place, where they send $3 off coupons in your email. I'm sure there are a couple of others as well...

• susanjf_gw
    13 years ago

i had 2 folders today and cut them out for dd2..but yes, and it's never for "healthy" food...last week, over the 4th, it was p&g products only..

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    13 years ago

Our paper is like that too, dotmom. I used to be able to get lots of coupons but not anymore. I just went through my paper and only got two for something I might buy, but don't need. I refuse to cut the ones that require you to buy more than one product. Not much savings there. I think the companies are doing that so they can say they offer coupons, but not many people use them. With everything so expensive these days, the coupons have been a help. I like to see how much I saved on the bottom of my receipt.

• lilliepad
    13 years ago

We get them in the mail here.Most of them are for a local grocery chain and you get the deals without the coupon when you go shop there.Big waste of paper I think.LOL

• tnmom2-4
    13 years ago

I clip coupons every Sunday. There is a site that actually tells you which coupons are going to be in the Sunday newspapers. Coupons usually will NOT be in a Sunday paper...if that Sunday happens to be a holiday.

I have gotten loads of healthy stuff for free (or very little money) using coupons. Walmart takes internet printable coupons, as well as Kroger,Walgreen and the Military Commissary.

There is also loaded coupons online that you load to your loyalty card.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunday Coupon Preview

• jannie
    13 years ago

I don't bother with coupons any more. I find I do better just shopping the specials. I hated carrying all those coupons, you have to clip them, organize them, find the right item, half the time they'd expire before I even used them. I feel I do better without bothering with them.

• nicole__
    13 years ago

Thanks for the Sunday coupon review site! I book marked it! I try to buy things on sale AND use a coupon. :0) I don't get the paper any more. I print coupons online or get them in the mail.

• imina
    13 years ago

The Walmart by us will not take printed online coupons.

• littlebit_gw
    13 years ago

Your Wal Mart should take internet coupons. Their coupon policy states that they do! This is not something the individual stores can change!
    Go to their website, print it off and take it with you...If they still refuse to honor their own policy call corporate.

Walmart Coupon Policy

Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below):

* Manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
    * Free merchandise (or manufacturer's Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
    * Store coupons
    * Pharmacy (Advertising and Promotional) coupons
    * Internet coupons
    * Soft drink container caps

The following are guidelines and limits:

* Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase.
    * Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Walmart will not accept expired coupons.
    * Internet coupons should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon." There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and a scannable bar code.
    * Only one coupon per item is permitted.
    * Use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by Customer Service Manager.

I use alot of coupons for everything. I last bought ketchup for 25 cents a bottle (hunts) by combining it with a sale and then double coupons. Stuff like condiments, and any kind of personal products..you can get for free or almost free. Last time I bought toilet paper I got it for 50 cents a 4 pk..(.White Cloud). Paper towels, shampoo, feminine products the list goes on and on. Sometimes Walgreen's pays me to take their product out of the store.
    I get cpns in the mail for products, meat and dairy from my Kroger..Heck yes I will save $3 off my $10 purchase of produce.
    I will admit to buying *junk* food, frozen pizzas, easy mac and cheese, breakfast items etc...but Kam needs quick and easy at times and its not our main food.
    It does take time but when I see a savings of anywhere from 20-80% on my bill then its time that I am willing to put into it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coupon policy for walmart

• cynic
    13 years ago

I haven't seen much in the coupon inserts for a long time which is part of the reason I quit getting the Sunday paper. The store ads often have coupons that can be worthwhile. I refuse to pay $2 for a newspaper to get a few cents worth of coupons.

I laughed at my recent receipt that was saying I "saved" 48% on my bill! I went do people HONESTLY believe this????? then I thought of my cousin who thinks he's "saving" that much. I tried to explain to him that when you buy things you wouldn't buy, you're not saving, you're spending. And OK, buying Brand A and using a coupon isn't saving ANYTHING when you can buy generic or Brand B for less money to start with! But people are gullible and manufacturers count on that.

Coupling coupons with a sale *can* be good but aren't always. Remember that "sale" prices aren't always good prices. I've done better by logging prices and knowing what's a good price. I also have done real well with using a coupon when items go on clearance, when the clearance price is a *good* price. When I did do some couponing, I would take all the coupons I could conceive me ever using and carry them at all times. Then when I saw something on clearance I did very well. For instance Old Spice promo packs were on clearance for $1.18. I had coupons for $1 off a purchase (net 6 cents plus tax per stick) and a $2 of purchase of two. However this certainly wasn't common so there was a lot of effort. Unfortunately a lot of people are fooled into thinking they're saving a lot when they don't.

Saving money takes some effort to be aware. I like White Rain shampoo - best shampoo I've ever used and I'm trying their body wash, each are $1 a bottle at Walgreens. Far cheaper than big names with a coupon, even on clearance.

Double coupons can be tricky too. Most stores that do this have higher prices so it's a partial shopping trip which adds other expense and time. To do some serious coupon clipping it takes a lot of time. I have decided I won't spend the money on the paper so the source of coupons is limited. However the store ads usually have coupons and I'll use them. And I'll watch for various specials and promos. For instance CVS had a deal where you buy a Gillette ProGlide razor, you get $5 off your next purchase. I had a coupon for a free razor, used it and got $5 credit for next time. I then used that to buy some other things while I was at the store. But this type of thing is rare and I don't shop CVS often - but this attracted my attention. There's occasionally some deals to be had.

The other thing is you have to watch them on coupons. I was at Rainbow and had a $1 off purchase of 2 coupon for box potatoes. Rainbow has occasional double coupon days. And they happened to have these on sale for $1/box. So I'd get 4 boxes for free and I like to have them on the shelf for an easy side dish or add some meat and veggies and make a meal. Well, the cashier didn't scan in those coupons. At least I checked it before I left the store so I went to the service desk, but then it was a search. They weren't in the coupon pouch, they even checked the wastebasket (which told me what happens a lot!) until I went over there and there they sat on the little "table" for writing checks and signing charge slips. They half-accused me of trying to pull something, but the service desk gal herself was very nice about it. She said this happens a lot. Especially with "certain cashiers". And I caught other stores not giving the discounts and such too. It's maddening but it's caveat emptor.

P&G's BrandSaver used to have a lot of higher value coupons but they've gotten to be slimmer now too.