SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendylynders

What is everyone doing for the 4th?

wendylynders
15 years ago

I was so not looking forward to the 4th this year. This is one of Tay's favorite holidays, so facing it with him not being with us just broke my heart. Now, finding out he might be able to spend it with us if he is still on level 3... I am so excited my daughters and son will all be with us.

Our very friendly family neighborhood has a huge picnic each year or block party you may call it. Each of the homes invites family and friends and we have it all set up for bbq. Each person brings their own meat to cook, a dish to share, and their own beverage along with some fireworks. It ends up being enormous. We for instance have invited.... 12 people plus our family, making it 18.... and that is just us.... times that times about 12 homes. It is big.

I usually bring more than one dish... I try to do a side dish, a dessert, appetizer and entree. That way if there is left overs I don't have to cook for a few days.

I am so excited.... forget the food, I am more excited to see the excitement on my kids faces when the fireworks go off. Especially Taylor as he just loves them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Comments (29)