SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Was at the ER again - this time for me.

caflowerluver
14 years ago

I just got back from FL a little over a week ago and have been tryin to get caught up. So much work to do outside, it is like a jungle. DH did a very good job of keeping the inside clean and neat. I told him he can take over any time he wants. LOL

My 91 YO Mom is doing as well as expected. She is definitely starting to lose her mental awareness but not surprising at her age. Trying to clear out the house was a lost cause. After 21 years there is just too much stuff. I told my sister to hire someone. It is the only way it will get done.

Now about the ER.

We were at the ER again this morning, but this time it was me. I woke up at 11PM last night with a piercing stabbing pain to the right side. After a 1/2 hr. it subsided but it kept coming back in waves every 20-30 minutes. When the pain came back, I would throw up too. That happened all night long. They told me I was throwing up because of the pain and shock to the system. I also had the chills, shivers and uncontrollable shakes.

I finally told DH to take me to the ER around 6AM this morning. I didn't know if it was appendicitis or kidney stones. It reminded me of when I had gall stones, but I had my gall bladder removed back in 1995. Well, it turned out to be kidney stones, a couple of them around 6mm in size are trying to pass. They did a CT scan at the hospital. I have to make an appt. with a urologist this week. My urine is either very weak coffee color or dark tea from the blood. They gave me 2 morphine shots while there and a prescription for Oxycod and Ondansetron to take at home. I am suppose to catch the stones with a special urine filter over the toilet so they can tell what type they are.

I got home around 10:30AM and was sleeping till 3:30PM. I got up and had some water and mini saltines. Well, I just ran from the computer to the bathroom again and threw up. Only kept it down for a short time. I was so dehydrated at the hospital that I went through 2 bags of saline. I guess I am passing another stone again. I wonder how long this will go on. I will make the dr.'s appt. first thing tomorrow morning.

Poor DH got no sleep last night either and when he tried to take a nap after we got back, DS bugged him with questions. Elvira, dear dog, was my bed buddy and slept right next to me after I got back. It really helped me to fall asleep. Good thing we have our animal angels.

Anyone else have kidney stones? What do you do about it? What can you eat? Especially when passing the stones? Are you on medication?

Clare

Comments (22)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES