SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casey_nfld

I won an award for my website (pic)

casey_nfld
15 years ago

Joe and I went to City Hall today to recieve a tourism award from Hospitality Newfoundland & Labrador. We won the "Ambassador of Hospitality Award". From their website:

"This award recognizes individuals or groups who, through their careers, private lives or volunteer work, show dedication to the promotion and development of the tourism industry in Newfoundland and Labrador."

It was held in council chambers and the mayor was there as well as the provincial Minister of Tourism and actually a whole crowd of people. The city also gave out 5 tourism awards. Afterwards there were photos and refreshments served. We had a lot of people congratulating us and telling us they love our website.

We found out last week we won it but I really didn't realize it was going to be as big a deal as it was. I had to say a few words after I got the award, basically I just said thanks, I was a bit nervous up there in front of everyone.

Here is a list of previous winners (mostly local people but Canadians may recognize some of the names):

http://www.hnl.ca/previous_winners.php?Ambassador

Here's the certificate:

Comments (46)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County