SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mysticalmanns

He just had to have it ...

Mystical Manns
14 years ago

On Friday, DH saw a listing in our local Craig's List for a 60-ft aluminum ladder. He wanted that ladder so bad, but he just knew I'd say NO. So he stewed on it and stewed on it and finally came in and said he wanted it for his upcoming birthday present. I said OK, if you're sure.

Oh, yes. He's sure. He is a ladder guy. Some women have oodles of shoes, DH has oodles of ladders. At one point, he had 42 of them, all sizes and styles. He isn't a business or anything, they were all for personal use.

On Saturday, he called about the ladder and left a message on their answering machine. In the meantime, I looked on CL and the listing had been deleted. I told him it had evidently been sold. He was so sad!

Then Sunday morning, a lady called and said the ladder was still available! She pulled the listing because someone wanted it, but that guy backed out. So DH declared it a 'meant to be' moment. The ladder would be his.

DS and DH went to pick it up earlier, and just got home. Do you know, do you have any idea just how BIG a 60-ft ladder is? It's actually more like 70-ft with extensions. The width alone is about twice that of a normal extension ladder. It doesn't extend using ropes, but uses cables instead. DH cannot lift it by himself, he certainly won't be able to set it up by himself. It has huge spikes for feet.

But he coveted the dang thing and now he has it. Happy Birthday!

Oh ... and why did he want it? Other than the novelty of having such a big ladder that no one else has? We have one 65-ft tree that is dying and he wants to climb up and top it, before cutting it down.

LOL! I will never ... EVER ... understand my husband.

Comments (26)