SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Camping trip

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

Alex and I are getting things ready for our camping trip this week. I just spent too much on fishing poles and "gear". We have the tackle already but the ex took all our old fishing poles when he moved out, so I had to buy new ones. Also bought a little food to take with us, another flashlight, sunscreen, bug spray, etc...

We're going to Land Between the Lakes in Western KY, which is about three hours from us. We've never been there before and there are a lot of areas to camp "primitively" which is what the kids want. I would prefer a bathroom nearby. Oh, well, it's only three days. I think I can survive. I did tell Alex we will be fishing/camping for more than once this summer after I spent all this money. You should see the pole he picked out, it could catch a marlen! LOL!

Washing the sleeping bags and then we have to try and get the tent back into the little carrying case it came in. We just tossed it in the garage when we came home last summer from our big trip out West.

I bought my fishing license but have to go back for Alex's, I didn't know you had to have their ssn to get a fishing license! Tells you how long it's been since I've gone fishing.

I'm now waiting for Lauren to come home, she just e-mailed me and said she'd be coming home later today. I've been trying to get ahold of her all day because she told me on Friday that she was coming home last night or this morning. Apparently her step sister just didn't want to talk to me so let the phone ring and ring.

It's going to be hotter than heck this week but I'm still getting excited!

Here is a link that might be useful: Land Between the Lakes

Comments (10)