SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

Which would you choose?

amicus
13 years ago

DD's boyfriend has not yet proposed, but he has recently asked DH and I for our blessing for her hand in marriage. Last night he contacted me to ask my opinion on something, as he knows DD and I are very close. He is trying to decide whether DD would rather have a larger stone in her engagement ring, and a one week Caribbean honeymoon, or a smaller stone, and a 3 week honeymoon cruise in the Mediterranean. Since DD supported him while he finished his graduate degree, he's insisting she pay no part for the honeymoon. He has saved enough to pay for both, but just doesn't know which way to allocate the money. DD (who has never been abroad) was a History major in school and particularly loved studying ancient Rome, Egypt and Greece. The cruise would include a few days in each of those places, as well as stops in other Mediterranean ports. Considering that she'll be wearing the ring (hopefully!) for the rest of her life, I realize some would choose to go with the larger stone and try to take the dream cruise sometime in the future.

I have a feeling DD might prefer the European trip, but her boyfriend understandably wants his proposal to be a complete surprise, so I can't even hint to find out which she would really choose. He is ready to propose and must select the stone size. I laughed and told him maybe he can propose with the stoneless setting, and offer her the two options after the proposal and then go get the ring set!

Comments (38)