SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheilajoyce_gw

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

sheilajoyce_gw
11 years ago

While I prepared this delicious treat which I think Glenda shared originally, I decided it was worthy of a repeat posting. I am heading up to my daughter's for lunch, and Mom/Grandma is bringing this for dessert. It is such a great hit with kids of all ages and easy peasy to prepare.

Giant Cookie

1/2 c white sugar

1/2 c brown sugar, packed

1/2 c butter, melted and cooled

1 egg

1/2 tsp soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 c. flour

1/2 c chocolate chips

In a medium bowl with your spatula, cream sugars and butter. Add egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chips.

Line 11 x 17 cookie sheet with foil. Press dough into a 9 inch circle about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick. It will spread to the 11 inches. Bake at 350 for 16-19 minutes. Cool on pan and use the foil to lift it to a plate so that it won't break.

It is SO EASY. The reason I love this recipe--not messy to make and so easy. I do find it is just the right amount, and it is best the first day. Seems a little dry the next day, so we work real hard to eat it up in one day.

That effort to consume it in one day will surely be accomplished with my daughter, her 5 year old and husband, my son and his fiance helping do their best! Thanks, Glenda!

Comments (3)