SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gaile2

help with CF card from Canon Rebel XT

threejs
11 years ago

Jasdip suggested I repost this by itself with hopes someone could help....here is my other post and I am sicker now than I was this morning when this happened. I have tried my laptop and two other computers in the house and get the same results.

Now that I have all you photographers together.......HELP!!! I took my CF card out of my camera last nite after taking some great shots outside of a pheasant in the yard, used a card reader, and glanced through ten folders plus of pics since Xmas. I was too tired to file them away last nite so I ejected card and got up this morning to download them on the computer. The card will not read it keeps saying I have to format it. I know with my gut I have lost valuable pics that cannot be replaced. Just hoping someone with some knowledge will have a suggestion for me. Tried to download through the camera too which I never do and got the same message. I cannot even go to properties to check the drivers as the box is saying "you need to format the disk in drive H. Do you want to format now?" I have always used a card reader.

Thanks to anyone that can help. I am sick because I know what is on the card. If I hadn't looked at them all last nite it wouldn't have been as bad as I had not remembered taking a lot of them until I saw them again.

Comments (5)