SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sumnerfan

Has anyone ever used the website solidsurface.com?

sumnerfan
13 years ago

I posted this in my "Can you do a full kitchen for $13000?" thread, but I wanted to make sure people saw it.

I know solid surface counters are not very popular here, but it's something we are considering. We went to the one and only granite yard here in our area. The salesperson told us that countertops for kitchens usually ran between 4k and 5k with fabrication and installation. That's out of our price range right now.

So I came home and did some research online. I found the Solidsurface.com website. They carry overstocks, runs that don't meet the manufacturing color specs, and discontinued colors. The prices seem good, between $300 and $600 for a 'sheet' and the shipping for 3 sheets would be $250. If I needed 3 sheets my counters would run me between 1500 and 2000 plus installation.

What do you think? Does this seem legit to you? Would you consider buying counters from this company?

There are several colors that I am interested in including some that are in the Corian private collection like witch hazel, egyptian copper, and rosemary. I also like some of the blacks with specks in them.

Thanks.

Comments (4)