SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
33acres

Help�.first look at granite shop and I am so confused!!

Carol.33
10 years ago

So the house is coming along really well�. drywall in and almost ready to paint, flooring and kitchen cabinets picked out. Cabinets will be shaker style quarter sawn oak in a light stain, island is dark cream color with a little distressing, floors are character hickory with a light stain. Cabinet maker asked us to go to the granite shop today to get an idea of what we wanted. I went in with such confidence that I would surely find the perfect granite. That did not happen!

I saw only 2 types of granite that I really liked�. and they couldn't be any more different! The first was Typhoon Bordeaux. There were a couple of slabs of it that we did not like, but we liked this one because of the blue/grey in it�.

it looked good with both the oak and the island color. It was still on the truck and hard to get a picture of it with the samples.

The second one was River White. It was a very pretty stone, looked good with the oak, but not with the island color.

So then we thought that if we go with the River White, maybe we should scrap the plan to have a painted island and have it made in the oak too. Or change to a different color for it. Or go back to the Typhoon. Or scrap them both and look for something else. And on and on and I AM SO CONFUSED!
Please help me to decide what to do because the cabinet maker wants a decision.

Comments (18)