SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Layout critique please

Fori
16 years ago

I know I know...I keep coming back with almost identical chicken scratch sketches...no exception here!

{{!gwi}}

The room is 9'x 17'6". Windows on sink wall face the street. Door on left is a pocket door opening into entry hall. Door on right goes to garage. Door on range wall goes to dining room.

Measurements are within a few inches but there's room for fiddling around--cabinet maker is not restricted to standard sizes. I didn't include upper cabinets because, well, they go where they go.

On window wall, cabinets may be extra deep to make the standard depth fridge less obvious. So, 30" wide fridge with standard depth and standard doors (it WILL open in that spot), 15" or so trash pullout, 24" sink cab, DW, and about 30" left. The fridge will be properly boxed into cabinetry.

Range wall has tall oven/microwave cabinet (sketched as 30" but can probably do 28", a tall pantry cabinet 15-20" wide depending on random stuff. (I don't want to shove the range into the dining nook, but I could shrink the first bank of drawers. No symmetry here!) 30" range, 36" hood.

The idea is that by putting all the tall stuff at the end, the mess of doors in the lower right corner will be easier to navigate and the dining area will feel a little more open to the kitchen.

The main concern is that there's only 15" by the sink on one side. We think we'll be fine cleaning up with a single bowl in a 24" base. Not sure we'll be able to fit our insta hot/cold under it though.

So, does this work?

Thanks!

Comments (21)