SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rtmom2

started construction

rtmom2
15 years ago

After alot of decissions we have now started our construction. When the walls came done we found our "hidden surprises". The flush header i wanted between the kitchen and dining area will not happen. It will be reseased up, but there will be a 2" lip. When the walls where open it turned out the added addition to our house (addition about 35 yrs old) was built 3/4" higher then the base of the house, & the base board plumbing for upstairs followed the header. Instead of moving the baseboard and messing w/ the upstairs I went w/ the partial header. Also found when the upstairs was added they cut into the ceiling joists for the bathroom plumbing.(to the corner of the kitchen) We added the upstairs & thought we highed a "good company" and had inspections and all. Our new contractor said this should have never passed inspections. Anyway he will fix it, but of course there will be a added fee. Anyway. all is gutted and going along fine. I'm told sheetrock should be done be Wen., will see. It is getting cold.

Comment (1)