SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

New dining room/kitchen plan

lavender_lass
13 years ago

Well, here it is :)

This is the dining room, with kitchen and small seating area around a new fireplace/woodstove. Still like the idea of a woodstove, but a fireplace is nice, too...and maybe safer with the kitties. Still researching clearances and chimneys.

The kitchen is open (half wall) where the main sink is, with a view of the big bay window. Still debating whether to leave it a bay only, or add a window seat.

The electric cooktop (no gas available in our area and I prefer electric) and separate ovens are on the wall to the laundry. The raised bar behind the sink, will have a backsplash, like the picture below. Same tile on the two walls, for backsplash, too.

I want a white sink here and for the prep sink, with antique brass faucets and hardware. Creamy white cabinets and probably white appliances, with the buffet next to the fridge and probably a plate rack and some other cool cabinetry tucked in here and there (ideas and pictures welcome!) I've included a few extra pictures, although most of you have probably seen them.

There's pantry storage in the laundry and I may move the freezer over and put tall pantry storage on the wall to the sunroom (my white out is low, so I didn't change it) LOL Also, there's a bench under a high window and the mudroom to the right.

My mudroom and front vestibule are to keep in the heat and provide an area to dump off muddy boots, etc...(all sensible things) but really, they're to keep the kitties in the house.

The tub, stairs and bathroom are to give you an idea of the overall layout. The living room, master bedroom and second bath are to the right of the picture.

Thanks for looking through all this and please give me your suggestions and comments...and pictures :)

Rhome- I put the prep sink in for you! Or rather, from what I've learned from you! :)

{{gwi:1518830}}

{{gwi:1518828}}

{{gwi:617005}}

{{gwi:617010}}

Comments (10)