SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

Laminate countertops-light versus dark?

pupwhipped
16 years ago

Hey der y'all...my first post! And please, all you granite folks out there cover your eyes. I'm a laminate gal, especially for this project. We're getting into our first kitchen remodel ever in a lake home we recently purchased. The place was built in 1952. I am spending the budget on everything BUT the countertops...plus, I've never had anything but laminate in any of my other homes so, as I said, I'm a laminate gal. But, all the laminate I have had has been white with a wood trim. I've never had any problems other then after 15 years in this current home I do have a few nicks, which can be expected, but no staining or problems of that nature. I want a dark laminate in this new/old home we bought. Have any of you had problems with dark laminate staining or leaving rings when you sit watery glasses on it? My cabinet guy was telling me you can't use Ajax and such on laminate and I said, "HUH?" I've been doing that for 20 years...albeit on WHITE laminate. Any issues with darker laminate as opposed to light? I thank you all in advance for any thoughts or help.

Comments (16)