SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idbakes

7x14 Kitchen Layout

I
11 years ago

Hi all!

We just bought a new house, with a tiny kitchen last updated 20 years ago. We are excited to renovate the kitchen, and DH is very handy (relocating fridge, stove, and sink wouldn't be a problem) but we aren't sure about the best layout for the kitchen.

Originally we considered adding a peninsula between the pantry and the range, but I don't know if that would really add a lot of working space. Then we considered adding a counter on the wall opposite the range, between the dining room and exterior door.

Then we started to rethink where the appliances could go... Fridge on a different wall? what about the range and sink? Now we have a lot of ideas but not a lot of expertise in kitchen layout. So we thought we'd turn to the clever, creative people on gardenweb!

I cook a lot and I need a 36" workspace for baking. We also like cooking together.

In the attached picture you can see the kitchen as it is currently layed out. The window above the sink is a garden window. The passage on the right leads to living room/entry. The doors on the bottom are a closet pantry. To the left are stairs to basement. The passage on the left is to dining room. The upper door on left is exterior door to deck.

We would appreciate any input, and curious to know how YOU would lay out this kitchen!

Comments (28)