SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea131_gw

Help finding pictures of a member's kitchen

andrea131
12 years ago

I am hoping that someone can help me find the photo of a complete kitchen I found on this site. I have already tried using the search field within this forum and I had no luck. I am going to try and list as many details as I remember about the kitchen. I understand if this is an unrealistic/unfulfillable request!

1. cabinets and butcher block counters from Ikea were used. The kitchen looked nothing like you would expect an Ikea kitchen to look like, very traditional. If I remember correctly some of the counters were given a dark stain (maybe the island) and the perimeter was a more natural color (or vice versa).

2. I think this kitchen was put into an older home, maybe a farm house.

3. There were two farmhouse style sinks. One on the perimeter and one in the island.

4. the stove had a beautiful wood hood that may have been made by the OP's husband.

5. It was a fairly large kitchen

6. If I remember correctly the homeowners completed the majority of the work themselves.

The one feature sticking out in my mind is they used butcher block from ikea but stained it very dark and it didn't even look like wood anymore. The more I am thinking about it I think perimeter cabinets may have been white with a dark stain on the wood counter tops and then the reverse for the island.

I know this is far-fetched, but if anyone could help me find this kitchen I would be so grateful. I would love to use it as inspiration in my own remodel.

Thank you!

Comments (2)