SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bloominwhereplanted

I'm so discouraged...Is this how it is with custom cabinet shops?

I was originally told my custom cabs would be ready before Christmas. I specified that "before Christmas" would mean at least 2 weeks before Christmas so my DH would have time to install the cabinets, the counters, and have the plumbing and appliances hooked up before Christmas company! Well, I still don't have them. Last week they said I would have them tomorrow (Friday), and as of my follow up call of a few minutes ago, they're still not ready. I'm so bummed!! My DH had the week between Christmas and New Year's off so he could work on the kitchen, once we figured it wouldn't be here before then. Now they're thinking they might be here Sunday!!

When I expressed my disappointment, the owner insinuated that my expectations were too high. WHAT?!? Is it wrong to expect what is promised? I'm trying not to let my whole experience with them be tainted by the last leg of the race, but it's so hard!! This is the most important part! Why is it so difficult for them to estimate the time needed to complete a job??

Sorry for my rant... I just had to vent or I would explode. Thanks for listening, if you're still here!

bloomin...

Comments (16)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH