SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yellowdog2_gw

Plan on shopping locally, but I'm getting frustrated..

yellowdog2
12 years ago

I put a deposit on gas range, OTR micro, DW, fridge with my local appliance guy. Since then, I have done much more research on this site and I have learned many things. When I went today to talk to him about changing my OTR micro to a drawer or counter top model explaining that I would like a hood vent for better removal of steam, grease etc. I don't like how my kids tend to push a chair or boost themselves up near the stove to use the MW. He said that he has never had anyone complain that they don't vent well or that they have caused problems with their cabinets and that the drawers break down easily and they usually can't be fixed and that my kids aren't toddlers.

When I asked him about the gas range range (which I will need to have converted to propane and wasn't sure how difficult this was to get the tanks and have a line put in) vs. possibly getting induction he said that induction is like having an expensive race car, overkill and hard to take car of. Uggh, just found it very frustrating! Why couldn't he just listen and take into account what I was saying. I just felt like he was poo-pooing everything I said. Anyways, just had to vent on the vent!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz