SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_sl

Christmas breakfast menu

suzanne_sl
10 years ago

The recent post on what to prepare first in the new kitchen wandered dangerously close to Christmas menus and got me wondering about Christmas breakfast. Growing up in my childhood family and then when our own kids were growing up, we always had a "traditional" breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, sweet rolls or a sweet loaf, and OJ. For my kids, I added in baked apples. Nobody can eat all of that, but it was fun to have a go. At my house breakfast was The Meal, but with our kids we also got early dinner at Granny's, which we never had room for.

Life goes on, the kids are scattered, but one son and his SO make the trek across the country to spend a week. We discovered a few years ago how much fun Christmas dinner at a fancy restaurant is, but we still like the breakfast tradition. Traditions need to be flexible though. SO doesn't eat pork, so we're revising the menu. Last year the two of them made latkes, which I love!, and if you're having applesauce with the latkes, baked apples need to move to a different day. Sweet rolls are an iffy complement. I am putting them back to work on the latke project this year, but what else makes a special breakfast?

sum5463 - you posted a photo of a Christmas breakfast casserole. What's that?

Comments (37)