SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy725

Granite questions labrador blue, volga blue

cathy725
11 years ago

Hello again. We are looking at granite for our cherry cabinets (plan a pecan finish--medium not dark cherry).

Originally we were interested in Blue Pearl. We are now leaning toward Volga Blue or Labrador Blue. Does anyone have information on these granites, especially the labrador blue. I've seen posts on volga and blue pearl but can't find on the labrador blue.

Labrador blue has large mica and more of a blue green color than blue black. It also has other colors like some brown and seems to look very good with the cabinet.

My questions are does anyone know what "level" it is compared to Volga or Blue pearl (I realize this is varies somewhat). Also, I'm interested in the hardness of it. I like that the other two are very hard so they are talked about as being "bullet proof" to etching, stains, etc. They also seem to not need sealing. These are all things that I would like in a granite.

Also, what is the dust/crumb/fingerprint profile of these different granites. I would like something that somewhat hides things--I don't want to fuss over every fingerprint.

Thans for any help you can give me! Decisions, decisions!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022