SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mari_joan

Electrolux Explodes!!!

mari_joan
12 years ago

Funny thing happened to me on Saturday afternoon. I decided to use the self-clean feature on my Electrolux wall oven for the first time since installing late in 2007 (I know, I know, it just didn't seem like a priority). I read all the instructions, followed them to a tee and set it up. After 20 minutes, I heard an explosion in the kitchen and ran in to find one of the three sheets of tempered glass in the door unit had shattered, glass all over the floor, Thank God the grandkids weren't around at the time. Does any one think that this is normal? Electrolux seems to. When we called their service department to get some help, the party line seemed to be "It's 5 years old. What do you expect?" After spending $2000 on an oven, I expect to be able to clean it without incident.

Two lessons learned: Try all features immediately. And I am beginning to think that because we have become so obsessed about our kitchens that manufacturers think that 5 years is the attention span of the average consumer.

We have had a problem with 3 of the 4 major appliances in our new kitchen: Fagor induction cooktop, Jenn-Aire refrigerator and Electrolux wall oven. I guess maybe I expect too much. We try to care for our investments and keep them for a long time. But that is just not the way of the world any more.

Comments (41)