SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiddleddd

Most sinks are too deep for us.....do you recommend 8' or 9'?

fiddleddd
13 years ago

A 10" deep sink is out of the question for us. So I'm debating between 8" or 9" deep sinks. I prefer 8" (I think), but I can only find them in an 18 gauge sink. To get a 16 gauge sink, we'll have to go with a 9" depth. (Unless anyone has any other options they can share). :-)

We're going to have granite countertops, so if we were to get an 8" sink, it would really be 9" deep if you include the inch countertop thickness. Would this be deep enough to prevent any splashing? I don't care about the sink being deep enough to hide my dishes, which many people give as a reason for liking a deep sink. I'm concerned strictly with the functionality of it and whether it would splash with a pull-down sprayer type faucet.

Thanks if you can shed some light on this and help me decide. Also, do you have any thoughts on 18 gauge vs. 16 gauge? Am I just buying into the hype that says in an upscale kitchen we need to have a 16 gauge sink? Is there really that much difference between the 2 gauges if you use a reputable brand of stainless steel sink?

Comments (26)