SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

Any ideas for protecting house from construction dust by NOON?

bbstx
15 years ago

Starting at noon today, the electrician, plumber, and tile guy will be making dust in my soon-to-be new kitchen.

The kitchen and family room are one big open space. We are going to have the slab sawn to run electricity to the new island. The tile man is using a wet saw which he says will "hold down" the dust. Then we are going to have significant drywall patching done to repair where new refrigerator water line is going, where new gas line is going, and where old backsplash was.

All of this is supposed to start today at noon. I have moved almost everything into other rooms. I am planning to seal the doors to the other rooms with plastic drop cloths and painters tape (blue tape). But we will still be going in and out of most of those rooms (one is DH's home office, the other is our master bedroom...both open directly off FR).

DH's HUGE TV which is hung on the wall of the family room and too large/heavy to move has got to be protected. Is wrapping it in a drop cloth and sealing with painters tape sufficient?

I am going to cover the return air vent in the FR with Glad Press and Seal.

Any other ideas? Any thing I'm not considering?

Comments (9)