SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaparral_gw

Hansgrohe Prep Sink faucets?

chaparral
12 years ago

Need to make final call on faucets for our kitchen. We'll use two Lenova sinks--both 10" deep. Cleanup will be 29" wide x 16" (interior) and prep will be 14" wide x 16".

http://www.lenovasinks.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=5

Prep sink will be in the middle of a peninsula with 3 seats on one side and 1 at the end. I was thinking that the faucet would go directly behind the prep sink. There will still be about 21" from the faucet to the other edge of the peninsula counter (seating area), including 16 1/2" overhang (counter height).

We're thinking of using the Hansgrohe Talis S (or possibly Allegro) faucets. They have a prep sink version that is 1" shorter, has 1" less reach and hose length is 19" instead of 59" for the main one. I thought the prep version would make sense as it would be **slightly** lower profile on the peninsula but still give the pull-down function for rinsing veggies etc.

At first I thought it was a typo that the hose on the prep sink version was a full 40" shorter. On the other hand, the hose reach will probably need to be about 12" less.

Does this faucet combo make sense or do you think we should use the same faucet on both sinks?

Anyone with experience with the prep sink version of these Hansgrohe faucets?

I'm aware that Costco has some inexpensive versions (such as Metro) but alas not in the prep sink version as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Comments (20)