SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildturkey450

appliance garage door

wildturkey450
13 years ago

Visualize a "T". The top of the "T" is a wall that houses an appliance garage and the leg of the "T" is a penisula countertop. The door of the garage faces the peninsula and therefore anything housed in the garage will spill out onto the peninsula countertop. The peninsula is 60 inches long. My delemna is what door to put on this appliance garage. A door that opens outward will cause me to move stuff on the peninsula away from the door in order to open it. The same goes for a door that flips up from the bottom and then slides back into the wall like a pocket door. A door that folds back on itself will decrease the opening size of the garage. A roll top door like that seen on Victorian roll top desks does not suit my kitchen style. And last but not least, a door hinged to first go out and then upward will block my microwave located above this garage. My instint tells me a roll top door is the best but how to get away from that roll top desk style? Any ideas to solve my delemna? By the way my house has an 18th centrury look and Victorian roll top doors just don't look appropriate.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!