SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom23es_gw

FWIW- my white fantasy (aka super white) definitely etches

Mom23Es
11 years ago

I'm not surprised at this point. Not after reading beekeeperswife's experience. I'm annoyed since the place from which we bought the "granite" assured me it wouldn't etch. I've noticed that one piece in particular is etching much more so than the rest of the countertops- I'm wondering if it didn't get sealed as well. My builder told me to add the kitchen countertops to our 60 day punch list, but I'm pretty sure this is just the way it is. Oh well.

I'm not bothered as much as I would have imagined. My kitchen is such a busy place that it's rarely spotless enough to notice etches. Plus there is so much sunlight, shadows, and reflective light that it's hard to tell. I tried to get a pic to share with you all, but it's impossible.

I worry a bit about how bad it will get as time passes. I can't even tell you how many etches there are already- at least 10-15 small spots. There is so much ketchup, juice, and wine consumed and spilled in my kitchen! Lol. I just hope the counters hold up over time.

My countertops are still beautiful, and I still smile when I see them. They make me very happy. The durability and maintenance just isn't quite what I was expecting. I'm posting mainly for others who might be googling. It's certainly not fragile like marble but it's a far cry from the other granites we have elsewhere in our house.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!