SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Alternate position for warming drawer--Give me your advice!

KevinMP
11 years ago

Excuse the double post. For those of you who were keeping up with my remodel last month (http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg1012293717188.html?46), I was supposed to have a warming drawer in the wall unit. But when it came time to install it, I didn't like how it looked. Basically, I thought it stuck out too far, even if I replaced the stainless steel front with the maple drawer front--like an inch.

So my contractor and I came up with a new idea: install it opposite the wall unit through the backside of the blind corner cabinet that abuts the peninsula. If I were to do this, I would also take the opportunity to put a cabinet door underneath it so that I could access the blind cabinet from the other side, and I would also buy false door fronts for the remainder of the backside of the peninsula to finish it all off.

What do you think?

Here's the blind cabinet (to the immediate left of the dishwasher side of the peninsula.

{{!gwi}}

And here's the backside of the peninsula which faces the wall unit.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This is what the warming drawer looks like. (Excuse the water spots from my raincoat, which is hanging on the coatrack above it.) It's a brand new Thermador 24" that I got on ebay for a steal (I offered a $200 bid) because it's about 5 years old and was leftover in a warehouse).

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)