SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allblack_gw

Project Update - Getting There!

allblack
13 years ago

Hi folks, longtime lurker here who has been gathering ideas and inspiration from you guys for quite some time. Well my wife and I had been dissatisfied with a number of things about our home for some time and finally sold it and bought an older home earlier this year. We've been involved in an extensive 4100 sq ft reno for several months now (including electrical upgrade to 400 amp service, change over from hot water radiation heat to forced air and central AC via heat pump, complete plumbing upgrade, sun room addition, all trims and fixtures). We have invaded the in-laws with our little 3 year old daughter, our 80 lb Lab, and 20 lb house cat while this work has been going on - things have actually gone pretty smooth, but we are pretty anxious to get back into a place of our own.

I know that I've loved looking at finished kitchens here over the years, and I have to admit that reading in-progress updates has been almost as fulfilling. So here's a look at what we've done so far.

We've combined the existing 17 x 10 kitchen and adjacent family room to create a fairly large (400 sq ft) space. We removed walls, stripped everything back to studs, installed structural beams, and have installed new windows, flooring, lighting, cabinets, appliances, etc. A total transformation.

We're still completing the cabinets, awaiting quartz counters to replace the temporary tops, and then it's on to finishing items such as second sink & faucet, backsplash, table/chairs/stools, and window treatments. We hope to move in within a couple of weeks, and to have the whole thing finished by Christmas. I look forward to posting finished pics early in the new year, along with before and demolition pics.

Thanks everyone for your knowledge, your discussions, tips, and insights. Very few, if any, in my neck of the woods has a GW kitchen and this one will keep us cozy, content, and well fed for quite awhile! We can't wait to enjoy this!

Comments (18)