SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephct

cooktop question form vs function

stephct
12 years ago

I posted this on appliances, but really need to figure this out tonight so I hope it's ok to post here too.

I have been set on the Bosch 800 induction cooktop. I like all of the features...autochef, countdown timers, etc. People here who have them seem to be very happy with them.

Here's the problem...I've LOVE the looks of the Bertazzoni induction cooktops with the knobs. There's is just something about it that keeps calling me back. I've read the owner's manual and it does not appear to have any of the features of the Bosch.

The price difference isn't really an issue because of the way that I'm combining some discount packages. If I get the Bosch cooktop I can get the Miele dishwasher that I really want. If I get the Bertazzoni cooktop then I need to get a Bosch dishwasher that is totally fine...just not the Miele I had planned on.

So I feel like I should obviously care more about what the appliance does than how it looks, BUT...the looks keep pulling me back.

Any advice? Anyone go thru a decision like this and pick the appliance that they like the looks of better (not sure anyone will want to admit that!)

Thanks,

Stephanie

Comments (24)