SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cigi_2010

Black/Gray vein through middle of tropic brown granite

cigi_2010
13 years ago

I had finally decided on some slabs of tropic brown. They did not have as much "caramel" color (more black/darker brown) as some I have seen and thought that would tone down the "orange" in my honey oak cabinets. I initially decided by just looking at the top slab. I was a little concerned because there was a very dull black/gray splotch in one part but I felt like it could be worked around. My fabricator had pictures taken today of the other slabs and sent them to me. That "splotch" turns out to be the tail end of a vein that runs diagonally from top to bottom on the other slabs. I know that granite is a natural stone and this vein is not an imperfection, but it is very dull black/gray in contrast. Because of the location, it would have to be incorportated into the island and countertops. My concern is that since tropic brown is so uniform, wouldn't this "stripe" stick out like a sore thumb wherever it ended up? If this were a granite with a lot of movement anyway, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Am I being too picky??? Would it end up looking like a random stripe that is off color, or would it look like a beautiful piece of natural stone? I love the overall color; the other slabs of tropic brown that I have looked at have too much caramel color. Talk it out with me, please. Should I just let it go and start over? or try to think outside the box and go with it? My 20 year old countertops are looking better and better!! :)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus