SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dilly_ny_gw

Fine tuning my design and layout

dilly_ny
12 years ago

I'm back....

Thanks to all of you who looked at the last version of my layout. After much thought, I have tweaked the design and added a banquette seating area in order have enough space for all the things I want in the room (kitchen with island, garage access, powder room, desk, love seat, eating area, closet). I will link to my previous post.

This is my revised plan:

I tried my best to draw it to scale, but it may not be exact. I believe the aisle widths are adequate, or could be if the plan was drawn 100% to scale. I have to go to my architect in a few days to incorporate these updates in my blueprint, so I appreciate all feedback and ideas to improve. Here are some questions and considerations:

1) The goal of the final design will be to have the banquette center window align with the entrance to the room (from DR) and for the angled windows to be the focal point.

1) I am considering keeping my 30" gas range because to upgrade to a 36" doesn't seem to add much benefit for the cost (please let me know if you feel its a significant difference). Would a 36" or 42" mantle hood be best above it? Would the 42" be too overwhelming for the range?

2) I would prefer the range / mantle hood to align with the island, but that doesn't seem possible. Will this look okay?

3) I am trying to somewhat enclose the corner that leads to the garage door, perhpas with an open archway, and use that area to have some hooks (and a bench if it fits). This will not be a main pathway as my garage is only 11 feet wide (not practical to park a car) yet, we feel having a door into the garage will be useful and desireable for resale.

4) Our current full depth, 2 door, fridge will be recessed a bit into the garage to align with cabinetry for beverage center. Beverage center will have a small prep sink.

5) Where do I put the microwave? I would prefer an above counter mw.

6) Would love a pantry cabinet, but seems like its not going to fit.

Thank you so much for your feedback and help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Layout - GW Thread

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH