SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyn603

Thermador not worth extra $$$

Lyn603
10 years ago

We did a complete remodel of our kitchen. I purchased the higher end appliances within my budget, Jenn Air, Thermador and Electrolux. We had the first Thermador induction cooktop installed a month ago, large center burner did not work. Technician came out and ordered a new PC Board replaced the board a week later, still large center burner didn't work. Week later installers came with a new cooktop, guess what, center burner didn't work. I am currently waiting for yet another one that they promise me was "tested" and works. Needless to say I have taken 4 mornings off from work waiting for servicemen to first diagnose, then fix, then replace, and now replace again.
Dealer is doing their part but I called Thermador directly and spoke to a supervisor in customer service. Her reply after my story was what more do you want you are getting a replacement! What I really wanted was an apology but her attitude was so laissez faire it perturbed me more. This cooktop replaced a GE Profile that lasted 10 years before the remodel with no problems whatsoever. I should of went with the GE this time for half the dollars and no headaches.

Comments (7)