SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southern_2008

Old world kitchen--countertop/cabinet color scheme

15 years ago

Okay, here goes....

I have a multicolor slate floor (in a herringbone pattern brick-sized). It's a little more "colorful" than I originally intended. I do like the old world look, the look of brick floors, etc. We are in the middle of the kitchen reno. My whole back wall is going to be a tan stone as well as two columns (one on each side of the kitchen).

Here is what I am mulling over...(can't take pics today as they textured the ceiling and everything is covered up)...

Cream cabinets with either a verde butterfly granite, a verde tunas granite or a green soapstone.

OR

what I call french blue/gray/green (with brown glaze)cabinets with white kashmir countertops. I am having two cabinets with mesh wire inserts so you can see my dishes inside.

So the look would be stone wall, stone columns, slate/brick floor and EITHER cream cabinets with dark green verde butterfly counters or green soapstone (the polish on the countertop would look nice in contrast to the matte finish of the slate floors and stone wall.

I have looked high and low for pictures similar and there is one kind of similar on the forum gallery but no stone wall.

Thoughts please!!

Comments (8)