SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazymomof4_gw

Old World- coastal mediterranean bathroom?

13 years ago

My bathroom right now screams '90's! It's got ivy wallpaper and I hate it! I want to re-do it so badly, but have a limited budget.

Hard to describe the look I'm going for, but I got it from a painting. Here goes: I want to do the bathroom, on a shoestring (ie: re-use most of what's there- vanity, toilet, tub) in an Old World them. A focal piece is a free standing cabinet that has bamboo trim. The painting is of a Grecian villa and it too has bamboo (trees), ferns and flowers in it. So want to go with that and make it "Tropical" but "rustic tropical", not "beachy". I'm thinking bronze urn, ferns, textured walls in earth tones. The painting has deep taupey-purple or amethyst flowers in the foreground and I love the thought of using that as an accent color to the earth tones. I already have the amethyst towels along w/ fern/moss green ones that are stored and ready to be brought out for "the reveal" (LOL).

All are welcome to contribute their creative juices to my project...... Any thoughts, ideas or links to websites w/ pics would be appreciated.

Comments (17)