SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Share Your War Stories--and Survival?

Rudebekia
9 years ago

I'm in the throes of kitchen remodel, really just at the beginning of what will be a long haul. But I'm already overwhelmed to the point of breaking down. Demolition has uncovered a major plumbing issue and the smells are terrible--old house smells, mouse smells, sewer gas. It is already freezing cold out and I can't open windows or even sit outside to get fresh air. There is dust everywhere. After many hours and weeks with one KD I finally had enough of his incompetency and inflated final pricing and started over with another KD and a different cabinet line. Things are proceeding so slowly that it is almost ridiculous. On top of it all my cat got ill suddenly from diabetes, old age, and probably stress. I have to deal with needles, insulin shots, continually bringing him in to try to regulate doses, terrible litter box messes. I don't have a spouse so am going through all this alone. I moved to this house just a few months ago and decided to do the kitchen first--big mistake because there is not one other room that is "done" yet. I can't have friends over or relax in my own home at all. And of course I'm very worried about money as the expenses appear to be skyrocketing now. Sorry to vent but can anyone help by sharing stories and some assurance that I'll get out of this alive? I'm an educated, reasonable person with considerable life experience, known for a cool head and great organization, and I find myself bawling like a helpless baby somedays nearly paralyzed with all the decision making and worry. .

Comments (23)