SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruddycat_gw

Can you please help? Can't get oven door back on!

ruddycat
16 years ago

Does anyone know any "tricks" to replacing an oven door after it's been removed? We just installed our new Thermador oven/micro combo today and we removed the door as it suggested to lighten the load. After the electrical and everything was hooked up and the unit pushed into place in the cabinet, we attempted to put the door back on. No luck. We followed the instructions exactly and tried dozens of times but it just will not latch into place.

I called Thermador and they were no help whatsoever - just said "it's all a matter of lining up the latches". I called the local Thermador service place to see if I could get some guidance but since it's an installation issue - not a warranty one - they wouldn't help me either. As of right now, they're scheduled to come out tomorrow afternoon at a price of $85 (service call) plus labor to put on our door. Obviously, we can't use the oven without it and we'll gladly pay this if we have no other choice but we keep thinking there must be something subtle we're not doing right. My parents are here and my Dad said they had the same problem a couple of years ago and after dozens of attempts - it just went in - with no idea what he did different that time.

So - any ideas would be welcome if you have any experience with this!! If we figure it out in time, we'll cancel our service appt. for tomorrow. I'm going to post this on the appliance forum as well but I know Kitchens has more traffic and I'm running out of time! Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH