SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

OH NO... I have the painting, but now everything is off..

gillylily
13 years ago

Some may remember a few months ago I posted about a painting I was longing after for my kitchen. We "found" some money that was essentially already spent (we over-paid on a car payment and so the $$ was already taken out of our account-in our eyes already gone). I had been longing after this painting for quite some time and my DH said go for it, essentially, Happy Birthday, Anniversary, happy everything.

I purchased the painting it arrived on Monday and I LOVE it.

BUT,,,,,,

I just hung it up and now I realized it/the wall and the dry bar are not centered around the light fixture. The dry bar was an after thought after our kitchen was already done. The light fixture is an IKEA temporary fix as I could not figure out what fixture I wanted, and eventually I will be getting a 48/60" round table once the kiddos decide not to write on the table or use a knife on clay and accidentally ding the table. It doesn't look awful unless you are stading at the angle this picture was taken from (there is a slider behind me as I shoot the photo) but from the FR or far end of the kitchen it obviously is not a big deal..

I centered the painting on the dry bar not the wall as we have a central vacuum outlet and regular outlet to the right of the cabinet when facing it so the bar is not completely centered either..

So what do i do? I;m not sure why i am asking b/c the painting is not going anywhere. I specifically bought it for that location. Eventually we will get a new fixture (maybe sooner now that it is making me crazy).

ANY SUGGESTIONS.. PRETTY PLEASE???

Comments (19)