SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

unfitted pantry--could this work?

Susan
13 years ago

in designing the kitchen i have mananged to keep my dream pantry, but have been thinking of using what i have to furnish it, rather than spending more on cabs.

whew, that was a mouthful!

while i love very fitted proper butler's pantries, i also am a big fan of unfitted in some places, so as a stopgap until i can afford really super cabs in there, here is my idea.

the space is 11'6 across x 50" deep. on that 11'6 wall there are a pair of windows, only nine inches from the 50"deep walls. those windows also happen to be 50" apart from each other.

i have a pair of bookcases which will fit perfectly on those 50" side walls, and an 8' wet bar i plan on using across the 11'6 backwall.

i have no problem painting the cabs and bookcases to match each other, and also have a 5' slab of carrera marble i've been saving for years.

i'd like not to see the groceries stacked on the bookshelves, what could i cover them with that's inexpensive and easy to use daily?

maybe light muslin curtains on rings?

the look i'm going for is in the pantry is gustavian grey/blue and marble.

there will be display windows on either side of the entry into the pantry. in fact, i can probably line up the display cabs in front of the windows so i don't lose the wetern light on that side of the room.

hope this is somewhat understanable, and tia for your suggestions!

Comments (8)